The Serious Sam 2 patch will fix a number of bugs found in the game since its retail release.
- Added dedicated server support (see DedicatedServer.txt in the patch).
- Vertical slider next to some lists (e.g. server list) now reacts to mouse clicks and movement.
- Server list can now be properly used with the mouse.
- Fixed scrolling of some lists (levels, profiles).
- Swapped function of up/down arrows in some menu screens.
- Options boxes (yes/no and similar) now cycle options – selecting the last option and going to the ‘next’ one will go back to the first option and vice versa.
- Netricsa icon will no longer appear if subtitles are turned off.
- Playing with high ping time (>500ms) caused strange things to happen for clients (dying immediately after respawning, being unable to turn off cheats…).
- Difficulty setting wasn’t properly restored when loading a saved game.
- Match details menu screen now displays the server version. It will be displayed in RED if the servers version doesn’t match the clients.
- Version number in the main menu is now more visible.
- Added a beep sound when a new line appears in the chat console.
- Added support for resolutions with strange aspect ratio (namely, 1280×1024).
- In cooperative games, info for all players (name, health, armor) is displayed on the right part of the screen.
- Added an option to profile settings ("always pick up items") to disable picking items when not needed (e.g. ammo if already at max ammo).
- Servers can now be password protected via the 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- To join a password protected server, the client mus set the password string to 'net_strConnectPassword' cvar.
- Added the 'samListPlayers()' console command to list all players in format 'playerindex: playername'.
- Bloom effect now works properly in HDR mode on ATI X1000 series boards (no more pixelization).
- Added controling compatibility mode for DirectSound mixing ("software emulation" in "audio options" menu).
- Fixed problem with sound playback and mouse input on multi-(core-)CPU systems.
- Fixed wrong performance detection on Intel integrated graphics chips.
- Fixed wrong profiler timings under dual-core CPUs.
- When toggling HDR mode while using FSAA, cfunc 'gfxRestart()' is now required.
- Weapon can't be changed while recoiling.
- Added message for recently picked items.
- Game can't be quick loaded in multiplayer.
- Fixed jerky movie playback on slower CPUs.
- Added option to automatically quit the game after demo benchmarking is finished (cvar 'bmk_bAutoQuit=1', best to use it as command line param, "+bmk_bAutoQuit 1").
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSSerious Sam 2
DOWNLOAD Serious Sam 2 Patch 2.066