This latest patch for Rise of Nations features improved gameplay and fixes a number of bugs including the following:
- For some odd reason Rise of Nations Patch 3 may not install on the first attempt for Windows 98 or Me users. If you encounter this problem, run the patch a second time to install.
- This patch upgrades all language versions to 02.03.11.0302.
- Quickmatch feature added for multiplayer.
- New Info DeathMatch option in Game Rules.
- CtW added randomize Nation location and bonuses.
- The ability to save and exit once a player drops.
- Now able to save multiplayer games.
- “slash” chat commands added to game setup screen.
- Improved MOD support.
- Backwards compatibility for recorded games.
- Now able to manually assign external IP.
- Support for playing custom scenarios in multiplayer.
- Support for specifying a script with any game as part of custom rules.
- Moderate difficulty now easier.
- Balance fix to Barks and Triremes.
- Siege and supply can now garrison in forts and cities. All other ground military units may garrison in any military producing building.
- Units more effective against units three or more ages below.
- Transport ships no longer receive +2 speed bonus from military bonus.
- Scout line more likely to attack spies.
- Exploit fixed for Nubian buy/sell to gain wealth.
- Fixed exploit of Supercollider allowing instant razing of buildings.
- Players now have the ability to declare war on nations that have resigned, and thereby take control of resigned nations' land.
- Mongols now get two free Horse Archers when building stables with two military techs, and three at three military techs.
- Can't upgrade to Commandos until Industrial Age now.
- Mayan reduced timber costs for buildings no longer applies to military buildings.
- Nubian rare resource bonus applies only in their own territory and not that of their allies.
- Romans now get +15 wealth per city instead of +10.
- Mobile AA units have range increased.
- Helicopter bonus vs. tanks has been reduced.
- Koreans no longer get free Taxation.
- Game performance improved for games running behind an ISA server.
- User input delays due to lag have been reduced.
- Game no longer crashes when a game is saved before patching, and loaded after.
- Pathing issue fixed that caused citizens to ignore a build oil platform order.
- Bug fixed that caused citizens to not work on oil platforms.
- Fixed issue that caused incorrect number of players to be shown in a room.
- Fixed exploit of units under building unable to be attacked.
- Fixed bug that let you see garrison flags go up and down through the fog of war.
- Cliffs now load properly from a saved game.
- Warring states and Mediterranean moved to random sea map.
- Fixed crash that occurred when loading a saved game from a tutorial.
- Fixed hard lock occurring on skill tests.
- Fixed various video card crashes.
- Fixed bug that caused RISE.exe to not appear after reinstalling game.
- Recorded games will playback correctly once RON has been patched.
- Global Prosperity help text changed.
- Fixed issue of helicopter guarding units.
- "ForceStaticCursor" added to rise2.ini to fix issue with GDI cursors.
- Fixed bug that caused buildings to auto-complete when bribed by enemy spies.
- Removed a limit that prevented game event text and chat text from being shown after 1000 messages had been displayed.
- Fix for crash occurring in CtW with an ATI Rage 128.
- Fixed bug where players couldn't play bonus cards that they'd just purchased.
- Loc issues fixed.
- Script Log properly displays all script error messages.
- Misc script editor fixes.
- Fixed bug in get_starting_loc_x/get_starting_loc_y script functions.
- Resolved Win98 end game achievements lock up.
- Resolved player list scrolling bug in GameSpy lobby.
- Resolved various menu lag issues in GameSpy lobbies.
- Fixed potential crashes on launch into Gamespy games, Quick Battle, CtW, Editor.
- Fixed crashes related to changing game resolution.
- Resolved compatibility issues with GameSpy Arcade.
- Fixed crash bug resulting from misplacing resources in scenario editor.
- Fixed pressing Alt + Tab in the host machine during launch causing the clients to get stuck in the 'starting new game menu'.
- Fixed the /away command.
- Fixed the /whoami command.
- Mouse pointer no longer flickers on the ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 and 9000.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSRise of Nations (running on Windows)
DOWNLOAD Rise of Nations patch 1.03