This latest patch for Football Manager 2006 can be applied only to the retail version of Football Manager 2006 (and not the demo). It includes a huge number of tweaks and fixes including:
- Tuning of young player physical progression.
- Spanish regenerated players and virtual players do not get given common names as much.
- Goalkeeping coaches now do not have high ratings for other coaching types.
- Loan players who have a “cannot play in cup matches” clause, can play in competitions which their main team are not entered for.
- Arsenal now use their red and white home top from the 2006 season onwards.
- Slovenian wages tuned.
- Mental attributes and happiness have more effect on training levels.
- Ensured team talk slight concerns get cleared down for loan players who have been loaned from non_selected leagues.
- Toned down severe post-match player morale changes, this ensures players take at least a couple of good matches to go from poor/very poor morale to very good/superb morale and vice versa.
- Ensured human managers don’t get criticised for not praising thier own players when in fact they have left team-talks to their assistant managers.
- Stopped “grey team managers” being given negative attributes and therefore sabotaging their own teams causing some very big defeats.
- Teams in the same division should not have the potential for a giant-killing news story even if one is semi-pro and one is pro.
- Prevented board/fans/former club favourite/current player congratulations news items from appearing after a team has qualified for the Uefa Cup via the Intertoto Cup.
- Adjusted the increase / decrease of human manager visible attributes.
- Reduced inflation of price clubs are willing to pay for a player based on domestic average rating.
- Ensured assistant coach/manager can't give feedback on himself.
- Some tweaks to coach and team reports.
- Monaco virtual players now have French nationality instead of having Monaco set as their nation.
- Fixed stadium expansion bug where team would sometimes not move back to their old stadium once it was finished.
- Fixed problem where some players would start the first season with stats from the previous year.
- Fixed second nationalities for regens - previously weren't getting set properly.
- Fixed problem with caretakers manager's hanging around for ages without being offered the job or a replacement being found.
- Fixed differing time periods for injury between profile and physio report.
- Fixed players reaction to manager mind-games not showing up on client machines when playing network game.
- Fixed receiving news story stating Liverpool fifth times when should be sixth times champions.
- Fixed cases of manager being hired from within the club having the wrong 'time in charge' stat.
- Fixed players on loan at a club who are signing for them at a later date (e.g. Laurent Robert) getting wrong player_bio about them.
- Fixed a bug where you can fine a player who is on loan to you and he will get upset with the club that owns the player.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSFull version of Football Manager 2006 (running on Windows)
DOWNLOAD Football Manager 2006 Patch 6.0.3