This latest patch for Civilization IV (also called Civilization 4 or Civ 4) can be applied only to the retail version of Civilization IV (and not the demo). It includes a huge number of tweaks and fixes including:
- Added Africa, Europe, East Asia, Eastern US and South America maps.
- PitBoss no longer crashes on victory.
- ATI issue Failed to Init Renderer Fixed.
- Multiplayer Lobby list jump problem and lobby crash fixed.
- fixed war weariness calculation bug.
- units maintain their name when upgraded.
- fixed Gold-for-Gold diplo exploit.
- fixed no research choice overflow exploit.
- Fix for voice initialization crash.
- Fix addressing takeover AI and retirement OOS.
- increased cost of Apollo Program.
- Include WB map size in the description field.
- Save login name.
- Added password encryption.
- Added regenerate Map Button to World builder Map Mode.
- more logging for init failure.
- minspec / video memory checking.
- Added ability to change to and from fullscreen while in-game.
- holding during startup will clean out the cache.
- improved bink playback, added ini options.
- Fixed issue with diplomacy text being always used in its first form in the translator.
- Popups, screens, and diplomacy properly cleared when exiting from main menu.
- fixed AI units not obeying open borders rules on declaration of war.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSCivilization IV
DOWNLOAD Civilization IV patch