These downloads are Microsoft’s 2009 monthly security updates for Windows 7. The list starts from the most recent and goes backwards down the page. Each item includes the official Microsoft Knowledge Base number – starting with the KB – so you can look them up at Microsoft’s site if needed. Clicking a link will start that patch’s file download.
Really important stuff to read first
The patches are only for the Windows 7 operating system final release (do not apply the patches to beta or Release Candidate versions of Windows 7) and Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7. Optional updates, drivers, hotfixes and critical releases for Media Player, Office or other Microsoft products are not included here and must be downloaded separately. For important information about patching your system, see this page.
- KB976325 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 (updated and re-issued in 2010)
- No security patches were released for Windows 7 in November
- KB973525 - updated and re-issued in 2010.
- KB974431 - stability and reliability update (fixes seven bugs).
- KB974571 - Windows CryptoAPI Could Allow Spoofing.
- KB975467 - Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Could Allow Denial of Service.
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 (updated and re-issued in 2010).
- Windows 7 was released in October 2009. Before this date, there were no patches issued for the final release (RTM).
DOWNLOAD Windows 7 Security updates and patches for 2009